Ways to Help
1. Become a Volunteer
Do you feel helpless by the sad stories you read about these dogs? You don't have to feel that way any longer. Austin Boxer Rescue is seeking volunteers in Austin, San Antonio, Temple and surrounding Central Texas areas. You can play a big part or a little part, but every small task you can do could be lifesaving for another dog. The volunteer opportunities available are as follows:
- Fostering a dog until it can be placed into a permanent home
- Transporting dogs from shelters or to and from vet appointments
- Helping set up and work adoption days
- Participating in fundraising activities or hosting a fundraising event
- Visit homes of potential adopters and foster families for screening and to provide education about ABR and the boxer breed
- Provide Social Media help
- Help update web pages or provide graphic design expertise
- Coordinate events/fundraisers
Apply to become a volunteer today!Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have more questions about how you can help.
2. Become a Foster
Austin Boxer Rescue can only help dogs if people are willing to provide temporary foster homes until permanent placement can be found. Fostering a dog is one of the most important things a volunteer can do and it can be life- saving for many of our furry friends. It is a great way to familiarize yourself with the breed and provide a displaced animal a home when they need it most. You don't have to be an expert on the breed, all you have to do and WANT is to make a difference!
Donate Money: All of the money donated to Austin Boxer Rescue goes directly to a boxer in need. The money is primarily used for medical expenses. An unaltered dog with heartworms can cost Austin Boxer Rescue upwards of $300, just for basic medical care. If a dog has multiple medical conditions, the cost of vetting can become overwhelming and expensive. Please consider sponsoring a boxer in need.