The Process to adopt a dog through Austin Boxer Rescue is as follows:
- Fill out an Online Adoption Application below.
- Your application will be reviewed and sent to a volunteer in your area. The volunteer will contact you to schedule a home visit within one week. There is a $25.00 fee for a volunteer to come to your house for a home visit. This fee is non-refundable, but will be applied to the adoption fee when the adoption is finalized.
- After your home visit is complete and you are approved you can begin meeting dogs. The Adoption Coordinator will assist you in this process.
Please note: The application process begins immediately once an application is submitted and approvals tend to occur quickly. Please do not submit an application unless you are ready to take home a dog. ABR does not have the space or capability to hold dogs, therefore, dogs are adopted out on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you are not able to proceed with a home visit when contacted by an ABR volunteer then your application will be filed away. We will ask you to resubmit your application if you wish to adopt later date.
Adoption Fees are as follows:
- Boxers (1-5 years) = $250
- Adult Boxer Mix (1-5 years) = $150
- Mixed Puppies (under 1 year) = $200
- Pure Breed Puppies (under 1 yr) = $350
- Bonded Pairs (placed together) = $400
- Non-boxers (any age) = $75
- Senior Dogs (6-9 years) = $150
- Boxers Seeking Permanet Fosters or Silver Hearts (10+ years) = NO FEE
NOTE: Adoption Fees will be determined by the organization prior to adoption and are not negotiable
Email questions about the adoption process to email@example.com for Austin and All Other Areas or SanAntonioApps@austinboxerrescue.com for San Antonio Areas.
Every dog adopted will have the following:
- Current on vaccinations and dewormed
- Spayed or neutered
- Will be micro chipped
- Will be treated for heartworms and/or on heartworm prevention
- Any additional medical problems will be treated and paid for by the rescue. (Once a dog has been adopted any new medical problems that arise are the responsibility of the new owner)
NOTE: Vet records for adopted dogs will be mailed out in approximately 2 weeks from the date of confirmed adoption. The mailed records will also include tags (rabies and microchip). We do not release the records until we know that dog has been permanently placed. Please keep in mind that we are a volunteer organization and we work as promptly as we can. If there is a truly a medical emergency than we can try to expedite the process but your vet should not refuse to see your new dog without records. If you are refused than we suggest visiting one of our recommended vets.
Incomplete Applications will NOT be accepted.